Each summer Alexandria and Caen, which are Sister Cities, exchange student interns who work at the respective City Halls of each city. The purpose of the internship is to give a young person the opportunity to represent his/her city while working and living in the other city, thereby strengthening the friendship between the two cities. Caen is a city in Normandy, approximately two hours from Paris. For more information about Caen, visit http://www.tourisme.caen.fr.
- One month of full-time employment at the Caen City Hall as an English-speaking tour guide. This involves memorizing historical information about City Hall and providing several tours per day to English-speaking tourists.
- Stipend of 1100 euros provided by the Caen City Government;
- Free housing provided in a university dorm or with a family arranged by the Caen-Alexandria Sister City Committee; intern must pay for meals, plane ticket, and local travel expenses.
- Opportunities to meet and socialize with members of the Caen-Alexandria Sister City Committee.
- Ability to speak, read, and understand French with ease;
- Resident of the City of Alexandria;
- Aged 18-21 yrs.;
- Completion of at least one year of college. Must be comfortable living independently in a dorm.
- Good social and communication skills;
- Excellent references;
- Ability to cover travel expenses to and from Caen as well as in-country expenses.
- Willingness to socialize with members of the Caen-Alexandria Sister City Committee.
DEADLINE: Applications and a current resume should be submitted online by March 30, 2017. Please feel free to email any questions to Montie Martin firstname.lastname@example.org or the general Alexandria-Caen Sister Cities Committee email address at email@example.com.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM: fill it out online.